Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
consumer product reviews
coffee & espresso grinder reviews
Capresso Infinity - Andy Sicignano's Review
Posted: October 10, 2008, 2:22pm
review rating: 8.0
feedback: (1) comments | read | write
Capresso Infinity Grinder
Where to Buy
Arrow Seattle Coffee Gear
Arrow Amazon Link
Arrow 1st-line Equipment
 List your business site here.
About "Where to Buy"

More About This Product
Arrow The Capresso Infinity has 67 Reviews
Arrow The Capresso Infinity has been rated 7.70 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 24, 2004.
Arrow Capresso Infinity reviews have been viewed 393,859 times (updated hourly).

Quality Reviews
These are some of the best-written reviews for this product, as judged by our members.
Name Ranking
Tim Cashin 10.00
Dan Hamilton 10.00
Stephanie & Marie Eeckhout/Bissonnette 9.00
C Becker 8.67
QK Law 8.67

Previous Review Next Review
Ratings and Stats Overall Rating: 8.8
Product Reviewed: Infinity Grinder
Manufacturer: Capresso Quality: 9
Average Price: Varies Usability: 9
Price Paid: $89.00 Cost vs. Value 9
Where Bought: Amazon Aesthetics 8
Owned for: 2 months Overall 9
Writer's Expertise: I love coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: KitchenAid Burr Grinder
Bottom Line: A best-buy
Positive Product Points

This grinder works flawlessly on medium to fine grinds.

Negative Product Points

The dial (# cups) is a timer.. not very accurate

Detailed Commentary

I bought this grinder a few months back to replace my mom's 50 year old KitchenAid burr grinder.  I really hate the idea of chopping up beans with blades, so I searched for a burr grinder.  The Capresso floated to the top of my survey based on price/performance.  So far, its worked flawlessly on medium to fine grinds.  The instructions strongly recommend cleaning the burrs every grind, but I'm much too lazy for that.  So far, it's not clogged. The hopper is large enough for my modest needs, although attaching the hopper to the body of the grinder is a little dicey.  The grind container is made of plastic, and so grinds do tend to stick because of static electricity.  This isn't a serious problem.  It has a dial to indicate number of cups to grind.  it actually is just a timer, and actual output varies with coarseness of grind selected.  It's a fairly attractive unit, so I have no problem leaving it out on the kitchen counter.

Buying Experience

Purchased through Amazon.  As usual, no issues.

Three Month Followup

I've been using this grinder pretty much daily for the past three months.  It has performed flawlessly.  About 90% of the time, I'm grinding for either a french press, or a for my 10cm filter, using fine - medium grind.  The other 10% of the time, I'm doing a fine grind for espresso.  The fine grind goes a bit slowly, but I can't complain about that either.  All in all, this has been a solid performer, and I have no regrets with the purchase.

Previous Review Next Review
Write a Review for this Product
review rating: 8.0
Posted: October 10, 2008, 2:22pm
feedback: (1) comments | read | write
Interactive
Search
Login Password
forgot pw | signup
quickNav
advertisement
sponsorad
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
sponsorad
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
advertisement
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.185523986816)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+