Starbucks Barista - Rick Hiebert's Review
Posted: January 28, 2008, 5:58pm

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,005,058 times (updated hourly).

Jim Pennington 8.00
Larry Holt 8.00

Bottom Line: Be prepared for repair bills

Worked great for the first two years. Simple to operate. Makes great lattes.

Limited lifespan

Two years plus a month (one month past warranty) the steam wand started spewing water and steam while drawing a shot. I phoned Starbucks warranty who led me through a procedure to adjust the steam knob but it did not solve the problem. They said I should descale the unit and it would probably work. I descaled it and it made no change. So I phoned Starbucks warranty department again and they got me to adjust the steam knob again and when this did not work they said I was out of luck; they would not cover the repairs because the warranty had expired.

One month later: I brought my machine in to a repair shop and they replaced the steam valve ($80 including labor). The machine works even better than it did at first - great steam and no leaks.

Friendly informative encouraging staff who spoke from personal experience.

Posted: January 28, 2008, 5:58pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.20422410965)