Starbucks Barista - Kim Allen's Review
Posted: October 13, 2005, 7:55am

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,005,415 times (updated hourly).

Jim Pennington 8.00
Larry Holt 8.00

Where Bought: Ebay-new Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: terrible Mr Coffee Espresso Machine
Bottom Line: Love it and would highly recommend to the novice espresso maker.

Makes very tasty espresso very quickly.
I like milk drinks and it steams the milk wonderfully.
Liked the video, was very basic and good for a novice.
Machine was packed well and in good order.
Written directions are good and have many recipes for different drinks.
Excellent phone support.

Steam knob is difficult to tighten and if its not, when you deselect the brew button (thinking to turn off brewing) it does not turn off, cause quite a problem which made me call their support but they were very helpful and knew exactly what was the problem.
The water resevoir is smoke colored and hard to see the water level.
It did not come with a shot glass or milk pitcher which would have really made this purchase complete

I started off with such a cheap model that quickly wore out (mr coffee) so I did a LOT of research to find a better espresso machine for the amount I could afford.  I went a little over my budget with this one but I just liked the looks and the reviews on it.  I looked at many sites doing my research trying to find the best for my limited money.  This website really helped me a lot.  I was so excited when I finally got it that I think I made 3-4 cups of espresso.  It took me about 3-4 days to really get the hang of it.  I went to Starbucks and bought some of their pods but they are only single shot and I prefer double shots.  The book says you do not need a tamper but I like it tamped better.  The coffee measuring spoon tamps ok but want to buy a better one but have to figure out what size the portafilter really is to get the right one.

Bought online at ebay for best price.  Beware on ebay and ensure you are getting a NEW item.

I have finally gotten the hang of this and now my Dad who never wanted a latte comes over and asks for one everytime.  I love this machine and look forward to many years of using it.

Well its been 4 years since I wrote this initial review and my machine is still going strong.  My boyfriend strong-armed the portafilter and snapped the handle off but with one quick call to Starbucks, I got a new one in a few days free of charge.  Have been waffling about changing out the pressurized portafilter with a regular one (the Rapporto boasts no tamping needed) but have not done that yet.  Still an excellent machine in its class!

Posted: October 13, 2005, 7:55am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189440965652)