Starbucks Barista - Douglas Engel's Review
Posted: October 18, 2008, 2:33am

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,009,004 times (updated hourly).

Dave Jahsman 8.00

Where Bought: Ebay Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Saeco Royal Pro
Bottom Line: Sturdy, well made, and simple to use.

Fairly easy to use. It makes a great cup of coffee! Lot's of Crema, and I would recommend it to beginners and up. Sturdy, Most parts are dishwasher safe.

Had a little trouble with the steam not shutting off all the way, and when I took it apart, it was a simple adjustment. Ready light also quit, but a new LED from Radio Shake, a little solder, and it is like new. For the water tank, float a ping pong ball in it, and you see just fine!

Bought his as a step up from a basic DeLongi. It is really a great machine. I purchased it from someone on Ebay, and that went well!! Took a little to get used to, but it is quite easy to use. I now use a Saeco super-auto, but keep this one to take when I travel. It does make a great cup of Joe!!
I needed to fix a couple things when I first got it, but it has worked well. The ready light on the front quit after I washed it. I must have splashed a little cleaner on it or something, and it just would not go on. A quick trip to Radio shack, and it works perfect. The steam also would not shut off. I found myself cranking it very hard to quit leakage. Finally took it apart, and it was just a simple adjustment on the shaft that allowed it to close a little more. Been perfect now for 10+ months!! Recommended it so highly, my Bro bought one as well.

Simply bid on a couple on eBay till I got one for $100, delivered to my door.

Posted: October 18, 2008, 2:33am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.190404176712)