Starbucks Barista - Joel Stevens's Review
Posted: December 8, 2000, 1:22am

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,008,892 times (updated hourly).

Dave Jahsman 8.00

Where Bought: Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: I would certainly recomend it to anyone who really wanted to make espresso regularly

Very solid, Easy to Clean, Large Water Reservoir. 190 deg brew temp.  Steam wand is very easy to use, with the ball joint on top.

No Serious ones

This is by far the best machine I have owned.  It is built like a tank, and works consistently every time.  The molded plastic parts are a little crude, but most of the machine is metal anyway.  I always preheat the filter, and then run a shot of hot water though it again when Im done to clean the portafilter and screen.  I really appreciate the large water supply since I use so much xtra water. "I also use q-tips to clean the gasket area."  I bought mine for $350 with the excelent Barista Grinder, so the Machine was basically $250.  Ive used it every day for a year, and it looks and works just as good as the day we bought it.  The left hand steam wand bothered me at first, but Ive gotten used to it.  The steam wand mounting is excelent and doesnt leak.  No funky attachments, just a steam nozzel, thats easy to keep clean.

I might like it better with a conventional portafilter, but the pressurized one seems to work ok.  I do run water though it to clean it each time.

Posted: December 8, 2000, 1:22am
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.190824985504)