Starbucks Barista - J M's Review
Posted: January 29, 2008, 5:45pm

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,009,935 times (updated hourly).

Dave Jahsman 8.00

Manufacturer: saeco Quality: 8
Where Bought: craigslist Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: learn how to replace the seals for the steam wand yourself and you should be happy

looks good, makes a nice shot of espresso, reasonable priced

tinted water resevoir makes it difficult to see how much is there. My unit prone to leaking steam arm.

I bought this Stainless steel unit off craigslist for $160 CAD and within 3 months the steam arm was pissing when drawing a shot. I took it to Saeco west for repair where they replaced the o ring that was leaking. cost $90 for a 10 cent washer and it took almost 6 weeks to get it back. Within 6 months of repair it began leaving again I guess i'll just have to take it apart and relace the seal myself.  Someone on list suggested a pingpong ball in the resevoir makes the water level somewhat visible but I havent gotten around to it yet, i would rather complain about it every day i guess..............................

overall i got my money's worth i believe

n/a

Someone left a comment,  in response to my problems re: leaky steam arm, to try adjusting the cam.  I did this and have had no problems with unit since.  Overall very good machine.

Posted: January 29, 2008, 5:45pm
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.198541879654)