Starbucks Barista - Luis Barrera's Review
Posted: September 24, 2007, 8:13pm

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 989,950 times (updated hourly).

Larry Holt 8.00
Jim Pennington 8.00

Where Bought: eBay Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: For the price, it's a great buy

- Delivers a satisfying espresso shot without much trouble.
- Large water reservoir
- Powerful frother for the price
- Fine aesthetics
- Simple operation

- Pressurized portafilter
- Boiler takes time to be ready for steaming after brewing

This machine fulfilled my expectations quite well. It's perfect for the beginner-intermediate who is not particularly worried about his/her barista skills, but just wants a machine that will reliably deliver a good shot of espresso. I say this mostly because of the pressurized portafilter, which eliminates the need for real tamping. It can be a blessing since once you find the correct setting for your grinder, you can very consistently deliver good shots, but you can go along without any need to even buy a tamper. Operation is very straightforward once you understand basics such as priming and releasing steam pressure after frothing before pouring a shot. I'm not really a huge fan of drinks with milk, and prefer just straight espresso, but I tested the frother just for kicks and found it satisfying. I like the large water reservoir and the accessory drawer below the drip tray, though the latter feels cheap.

Overall, I feel satisfied with it and hope it'll last me for a few years before I feel the need to upgrade.

N/A

Posted: September 24, 2007, 8:13pm
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.182631015778)