Starbucks Athena - J K's Review
Posted: January 28, 2006, 12:16pm
Starbucks Athena

Arrow The Starbucks Athena has 12 Reviews
Arrow The Starbucks Athena has been rated 7.45 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Starbucks Athena reviews have been viewed 75,234 times (updated hourly).

M G 9.40
James Kelly 8.14
Jeff Novick 8.00
J K 8.00
Sally Grimsley 7.66

Where Bought: craigslist Aesthetics 6
Bottom Line: Great if you find a cheap, used one.

Relatively easy to use.
Great customer service.
Steaming pressure not bad.
Decent Crema.

I don't like to have to prime the pump.
Steaming bar a bit short.
Pressurized portafilter.
It is automatic, so losses some control

This is my first real espresso machine and I have only used it a week, but have pulled at least 30+ shots so far.   It is great for my first one to learn on, but I will most likely upgrade eventually.   Having to prime the pump each time is cumbersome, but the overall experience is great.  This model is discontinued, but if a used one comes up for a decent price, I would recommend.

I have read complaints that the amount of water is too little (I think it holds 48 oz.).  I have not problem with that amount.  I have made several drinks with it and not had to refill.  Even if I do have to refill, it is not that hard.

I bought it used on craigslist for $150.  The woman only used it 3 times, because she thought it was easier than she thought.

Posted: January 28, 2006, 12:16pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.182187795639)