Spidem Trevi Combi Plus - Gregary Langbecker's Review
Posted: April 3, 2005, 7:19am
Spidem Trevi Combi Plus

Arrow The Spidem Trevi Combi Plus has 9 Reviews
Arrow The Spidem Trevi Combi Plus has been rated 7.51 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 2, 2002.
Arrow Spidem Trevi Combi Plus reviews have been viewed 39,840 times (updated hourly).

P M 7.66
Cheryl Beadle 7.16
Gregary Langbecker 6.50
Greg Gibbons 6.25
Beat Nik 6.00

Manufacturer: Spidem Quality: 7
Where Bought: Ebay Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Espresso/MDF
Bottom Line: Unbelievable value for a REAL grinder and Espresso machine.

Excellent conical burr grinder. Large, easy to clean, drip tray. Quiet. Fast warm up

Lightweight/ small portafilter

This machine has a pressurized portafilter which makes it easier for someone just starting out to make a decent espresso. With this type of portafilter the quality of the grinder is not as important as it is on a machine with a non pressurized PF. That being said the grinder on this machine is wonderful! I really cant believe how nice it is for the price. I have tried using it to grind for my Gaggia Espresso and it can easily choke that machine out. I really am not much of a fan of the pressurized PFs but it makes it easy to make a decent shot. I use this machine at work and it is easy enough for anyone to use.  I took the top of the machine off to get a look at the internals and saw that the grinding burrs are really heavy duty and the pump is a ULKA. ULKA pumps are used on many machines that are much more expensive than this one. The machine also has a decent sized aluminum boiler.  I do not steam milk very often but I did try it and it seems that the machine makes a lot of steam. This machine makes good drinks all the time with a minimum of effort. I think that the grinder alone is worth more than what these machines are going for on Ebay. The machine retails for around $250 and I think it is worth it at that price but for $100 or less on Ebay it is an absolute steal!

EBAY

Posted: April 3, 2005, 7:19am
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.194670915604)