Solis SL-90 - Jim's Review
Posted: December 13, 2000, 12:45pm
Solis SL-90

Arrow The Solis SL-90 has 26 Reviews
Arrow The Solis SL-90 has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Solis SL-90 reviews have been viewed 112,125 times (updated hourly).

Rick Waits 9.50
Rohan Durrant 9.50
Rob Novak 7.87
Mark Thacker 7.66
Mark Prince 7.63

Manufacturer: Solis/Saeco Quality: 8
Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Excellent machine for people who want very good espresso and milk based drinks in under 15 minutes a pop.

Consistent performance, excellent steam quantity, easy to use, thoughtful design, and quality construction.

Could use some more metal in stress areas.  Takes a while to get used to, and some fine tuning and adjustments to get just right.

After owning a Gaggia machine, I was looking for something that was manufactured with a little more quality control. When I saw that the Solis was manufactured in Switzerland, I was sold.

I wanted a machine that would last for years, and make consisitent espresso and milk based drinks in a reasonable amount of time.  I was willing to donate about 15 minutes 1-3 times daily.
The machine takes some getting used to, I would advise not using the pre-programmed times and volumes, they are not all that consistent.  I use the machine like a manual machine, with a Rocky grinder and get excellent results most of the time. The frothing on this machine far surpasses any other machine that I have ever seen or used.  The cup warmer surface could get hotter more rapidly, but I just use hot water from the machine.

Overall a great machine that will provide high quality shots with a minimum of fuss, and time.

Posted: December 13, 2000, 12:45pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188229084015)