Solis SL-70 - MW Madden's Review
Posted: January 14, 2014, 12:04pm
Solis SL-70

Arrow The Solis SL-70 has 25 Reviews
Arrow The Solis SL-70 has been rated 7.21 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Solis SL-70 reviews have been viewed 113,091 times (updated hourly).

MW Madden 9.00
Steve Boothe 8.50
James Schulman 8.50
Fr. John Abraham 8.29
Mike Prince 8.20

Manufacturer: Solis Quality: 8
Where Bought: Kitchen Window Aesthetics 6
Bottom Line: 10 years old, 7000 shots, unbelievable performance and reliability...too bad I want something better looking for my new kitchen.

This machine is a tank.
2 or more double shots per day with frothed milk for 10 years
Perfect milk froth every time.

small portafilter
No new Solis products
Hard to find repair parts

This machine was purchased after a trip to Asia where the conference center made great espresso drinks at the break using the Solis SL-70.  Easy to learn to use, and perfect froth every time. This machine has made over 7000 double shots, and 3500 steam pitchers of froth.  While froth is perfect every time, grind size and tamp strength are critical to a good espresso.  Too fine of a grind or too hard of a tamp and the water cannot get through, and coffee is bitter.  Too coarse of a grind, and you're drinking Americano.  I use a Baratza Maestro now, and a medium tamp.  I rarely throw away a shot now.
I am in the market for a new semi-auto, simply because I want something better looking on my counter...thinking Gaggia Twin or Breville Infuser (worried about reliability and repairibility of Breville).

Kitchen Window is the premier kitchen electrics source in minneapolis.

Posted: January 14, 2014, 12:04pm
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193680047989)