Solis Master 5000 Digital - John Thawley's Review
Posted: May 19, 2004, 2:12pm
Solis Master 5000 Digital

Arrow The Solis Master 5000 Digital has 9 Reviews
Arrow The Solis Master 5000 Digital has been rated 8.13 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Solis Master 5000 Digital reviews have been viewed 38,065 times (updated hourly).

Myr 8.50
Craig Shields 8.50
MYR 8.33
Alex S 7.33
Michael Douma 4.66

Manufacturer: Solis Quality: 6
Where Bought: Online Aesthetics 6
Similar Items Owned: Starbucks Italia Digital
Bottom Line: There are better machines since this machine first came out. For the money, I'd wait and get the Starbucks Italia digital on sale.

Good caps and latte...
Easy to use

Build is a bit weak.. too much plastic. Took a bit of time to bring up the temp for steam. Steam wand was always a bit squishy feeling.

I've owned this machine just over a year. I "was" very pleased with it until a boiler gasket went. When I called I was told this was "normal" and should be done every year or two anyway. ???? HUH???? You must be kidding? All this to the tune of $130 bucks plus the freight out there ($35.00)

So while without the machine, I've replaced it with the Starbucks Italia Digital. I'm so impressed with that machine that my take on the Solis has been greatly diminished.

In fairness.... it is a year and a half later... but, I'm hooked on the Italia and the Solis is serving the crew on our World Challenge race team. :)

Online... no experience. :)

Posted: May 19, 2004, 2:12pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.185751914978)