Solis Master 5000 - Michael Sanginari's Review
Posted: September 12, 2005, 12:24pm
Solis Master 5000

Arrow The Solis Master 5000 has 12 Reviews
Arrow The Solis Master 5000 has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Solis Master 5000 reviews have been viewed 53,328 times (updated hourly).

Mike McGinness 8.41
David Nielsen 8.00
Rod Martens 7.20
Michael Sanginari 6.66
Joe Riordan 6.00

Manufacturer: Solis/Saeco Quality: 8
Where Bought: Espresso Guy Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: If your espresso is being drank, and not judged at a award show, this is a great machine!

Easy to use, makes great espresso based drinks.

Grinder has a plastic cover over it that needs to be removed, its useless. Grinder is flat and beans often need to be pushed into grinder. Distributor says its perfectly fine to remove this dumb cover! Could use a 2nd hopper (I like to switch beans alot. Put in only a few beans at a time to solve that) Cleaning directions are vague.

This is my first superautomatic, and Im no expert, or espresso snob as some are. I wanted to make great espresso, without needing to win awards for each cup, or worring about the politics behind what "may" make a great cup. I did tons of research and found the Solis Master 5000. It sounded like the perfect machine for me. Budget wasn't a issue, but if I could buy a $1000 machine that made the same final product as a $500 machine, Id buy the $500 machine.
After many calls, and product reviews I went with this machine. Im glad I did! At a touch of a button, you get a darn good cup of expresso (as good as the beans you put in of course). Crema Coffee is great! And a large hot cup of "Joe" (well it is a mug of coffee) is there in a few seconds, hot and fresh.
The machine must be cleaned. I've read that time and again and thought its not that important. Trust me it is, and can be a hair messy, but takes about 3 mins max.
Cafe West, the USA distributor offers great service. Ive read horror stories about them but have never had any of the same results. Call the USA distruibtor if you have a issue, I had a few questions and the guy spent about 45 mins talking to me!
This machine is great, maybe not the best, but the best is in peoples minds. Expert or not, I drink hot espresso at a touch of a button and love it!

I bought it from Espresso Guy on ebay. He IS legit. CafeWest the USA distributor ships the machines you buy from him. They back him up, and know him well. This is the only reason I bought from ebay. Also I bought a refurbished unit. Why? As the guys from CafeWest said, these units are often returned for the most basic reason in less then 30 days then resold. The advantage is a tech went through the machine, and checked each item. Something a brand new unit doesn't even get! Chances are a refurb is better then new, being its about as new as it gets, and has been gone through. I saved $100, and couldn't tell at all its a refurb. Not a scratch on it! I paid $400 plus $40 shipping. And it came in a huge box, perfect.

Posted: September 12, 2005, 12:24pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193798065186)