Saeco V'Spresso - Mark Sublette's Review
Posted: July 20, 2006, 5:32pm
Saeco V'Spresso

Arrow The Saeco V'Spresso has 2 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco V'Spresso has been rated 8.30 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 3, 2005.
Arrow Saeco V'Spresso reviews have been viewed 13,168 times (updated hourly).

Mark Sublette 6.50
Ninth SRW 4.00

Previous Review
Where Bought: Bed Bath & Beyond Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Saeco hit a home run with this unit which produces a consistant brew each and every time.

This pot produces coffee that is as good as any barista. It is quick, easy to use, and consistant. We prefer Starbucks espresso beans and the coffee produced is every bit as good as going to the coffeeshop. It seems to maintain calibration very well and has enough messages to keep you informed. One week before I bought it I said I would never spend a thousand dollars on a coffeepot. This is in the running for the best thousand I ever spent.

Ok this is the painful part. At three months it began leaking. Saeco said it was the valve body and sent me the postage to ship it in for repair. I received it back and there were mechanical problems. They sent me postage again and I sent it back a second time. This just happened yesterday so I will keep you posted.

Everything considered I am pleased with the unit and Saeco. They seem to keep their warranty promises. The unit is a dream to operate. I hope that the valve body failure is a fluke. They provide plenty of technical help if you need it. The automation works like a dream. In the three months we had it operating we had no difficulties. It consistantly produced excellent coffee. We typically use it for espresso but some family members prefer a cup of regular American coffee. One of the buttons was programmed to produce just such a cup. They said the quality was very good. My coffee consumption hit all time highs due to the frequent use by everyone. No one complained about the operation, even the non-espresso drinkers.

Bed, Bath and Beyond is a chain store. It acts like a chain store. However, every once in a while you run across an employee that stands out from the crowd. The pot wasn't available at the store nearest me. The fellow we dealt with offered to pick up a unit at a store across town and bring it in the next day. He went the extra mile and for that I will return for more household items.

I got my pot back from Saeco in just a couple of weeks. Here it is nearly Christmas and it is still going strong making a great cup of coffee each and everytime.  The water here isn't the best for brewing coffee or beer so I use a spring water purchased from a local company. It has plenty of minerals so I have to decalcify regularly. I take particular care to ensure the pot has a long life.  I am very pleased with the performance of the equipment and the service I received from Saeco.

Previous Review
Posted: July 20, 2006, 5:32pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200067996979)