Saeco Talia Giro / Plus - William Hendrix's Review
Posted: January 29, 2011, 10:51am
Saeco Talia Giro Super Automatic

Arrow The Saeco Talia Giro / Plus has 2 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Talia Giro / Plus has been rated 7.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 23, 2007.
Arrow Saeco Talia Giro / Plus reviews have been viewed 5,698 times (updated hourly).

William Hendrix 7.00
Scott Curry-Sumner 0.00

Previous Review
Where Bought: Kitchen Source Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: one non automatic
Bottom Line: My experience with Saeco was poor. If I were looking to invest in a high dollar machine, I think I would pass on Saeco products

The machine looks very nice.
The grinder does a good job however is difficult to adjust.
The fully automatic portion of the machine functions well.
Machine is mostly easy to clean.

The steamer functions poorly.
The brew cycle does not seem hot enough.
Some parts of the machine are difficult to keep clean.
The electronics display often says to empty the drip and coffee grinds containers.  Yet they are already empty.

The steam function works poorly. This was, and is a source of irritation. The issue is the steam wand drips during the brewing cycle. So the drip tray fills with water (from the steam wand) and the brewing process has to be changed to compensate for too little water,

Anther issue: the display often tells you to close the steam knob. Of course, the knob is already closed. You have to move the knob back and forth to get the display to let you proceed.

I've had this maker repaired three times. Each time the machine is repaired and each time it begins doing the same thing within days or weeks. In an effort to get this addressed (I had hoped they would send me a new machine) I called Saeco customer service. The first person I spoke with said it was out of warranty. I explained that this issue began less than 6 months after the purchase. That did not matter to this person. I asked to speak to the customer service manager.  She was helpful. I wonder why a person needs to do this just to get repairs?

If you buy a Saeco, keep the box and the packing.  Here's why, if you have to ship it to their repair facility this will greatly reduce the risk of damage.  We kept the box our machine came in for over a year but ended up losing it or tossing out out  The customer manager sent me directions for returning the machine. They specified how to pack it.   I bought a new cardboard box and packed it per their directions. I received the machine back within a few weeks. It was supposed to be repaired but it came  in the same box I had shipped it in. The box was broken open and taped up.  I don't know if this was UPS or the repair place who did this. It seems that if it arrived at the repair place torn, they might have provided a new box to ship it back.

I now have a damaged coffee machine. The steam wand still leaks but now the brewer can't be removed for cleaning and the drip tray is broken. All in all, not a positive experience.

I bought from a local kitchen shop in Flagstaff. Tony, the owner has done a lot to help, but it's out of his control.

Previous Review
Posted: January 29, 2011, 10:51am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184433937073)