Saeco Super Auto Machines (other) - Douglas Engel's Review
Posted: October 18, 2008, 2:12am
Saeco Super Auto Machines (other)

Arrow The Saeco Super Auto Machines (other) has 2 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Super Auto Machines (other) has been rated 8.80 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Super Auto Machines (other) reviews have been viewed 14,930 times (updated hourly).

Douglas Engel 10.00
Owen O'Neill 9.00

Product Reviewed: Royal Pro
Where Bought: private Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Starbuck Barrista
Bottom Line: Simply the best machine I have ever used, or seen used!

This is a great machine. Simple operation, easy to use, and built very well. It produces an  excellent espresso, as well as a fantastic Latte. When I travel, I take the much smaller Starbucks Barrista machine that I used before, and I need to think about how to use it. It's like I need a cup of coffee to be able to figure it out! A real conundrum! With the Saeco, I press a button to turn it on, get my cup ready to go, and press a button. Can't get much easier!

Too big to take it on holidays!
Water tank still has about 1/3rd water in it when it says it is empty, and will not work when it says it is empty.

Bought this unit used, so it took a bit to get used to it. I downloaded an owners manual, so that helped. Needed to de-scale it, clean the grinder out, which was a wee chore, but it works fantastic now. My cousin got me hooked on coffee 23 years ago, and about 5 years ago, he got me into Espresso's. He is still using his basic Delongi, and I have moved up. I love rubbing it in! I am calling him Grasshopper now!
There is not too much to tell about this. Once you have it programmed, it works fantastic. You can set the temp that you want the coffee, you can set quantities, You can adjust the grind and amount of ground coffee you use. You can set up a pre-soak of the grounds when it is making the espresso for you. This gives it a stronger flavor. It is a great machine. I haven't given Starbucks 10 bucks since I bought it !!!  Paid for itself already!

I bought it used from a lady I was working for. It was one of the last vestiges of her husband that was left. (she is a widow). I paid her what I could buy one for on eBay, without that hassle. I think I got a good deal, and so did she.

Still using this great machine. I love the coffee that it makes. I have cleaned it a couple times now, as well as the descaling. All fairly straight forward.
If it has a fault, it is the "water tank empty" notification. It still has at least a 1/2 liter in the tank when it quits working. And the little float thing that gives the machine the indication that it is empty will pop out of the tube that it floats it, and then the whole machine will not work. This usually happens as you are refilling, and installing the full tank. I have gotten into the habit of just filling the tank as it sits on the machine.
I will still highly recommend this machine. PS- gave my old Starbucks Barrista machine to my son as a Christmas gift, and taught him how to use it. He loves it.

Posted: October 18, 2008, 2:12am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187076091766)