Saeco Odea - All - H H's Review
Posted: January 24, 2009, 3:55pm
Saeco Odea Super Autos - All

Arrow The Saeco Odea - All has 3 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Odea - All has been rated 7.40 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 28, 2007.
Arrow Saeco Odea - All reviews have been viewed 36,458 times (updated hourly).

Hans Schaare 5.00
Anna Plante 5.00
H H 5.00

Product Reviewed: Odea Go
Where Bought: Costco Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Saeco Classico
Bottom Line: This convenient, easy-to-use machine has given us many happy moments of coffee drinking pleasure.

Convenient, nice crema, adjustable strength and amount, grinds beans and disposes of coffee grounds into holding cup

I have not frothed milk successfully; water tank is smallish, occasional extra cleaning and descaling are time consuming

My husband and I have certainly increased our daily coffee consumption since we brought home our Go.  We serve more coffee to our guests, as well, since customized cups are just a dial and a button push away.  We have had no problems despite frequent use.  I have not been able to froth soy milk  successfully (we can't drink dairy) -- and it seems to be a tedious process, anyway.  I bought a little battery powered frother and it does a satisfactory job, takes about as long to froth as the 2 servings of espresso to grind, dispense, dispose and repeat, so both are ready at the same time.  The Go goes through beans pretty fast, so our coffee purchases have also increased.  We are pleased with our machine.

I got lucky:  I had been eyeing this machine at Costco until one day it was the last one on hand, out of the box, and missing a power cord and some small extras like a steam spout for frothing, a grinder adjustment key, and lubricant.   I asked if Costco would sell it to me at a reduced price (from $400) and I got it for $250.  Sweeeet.  I contacted Saeco and they sent me the missing parts, except for the cord, which we had already supplied from our own spare stock of various cords.  Saeco still had my name on file from when I purchased a Classico in 2005 and asked them to send a user's guide.  My experience with Saeco Customer Service, while limited, has been pleasant and satisfactory.

Posted: January 24, 2009, 3:55pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.204548120499)