Saeco Odea - All - Hans Schaare's Review
Posted: February 9, 2008, 7:50pm
Saeco Odea Super Autos - All

Arrow The Saeco Odea - All has 3 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Odea - All has been rated 7.40 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 28, 2007.
Arrow Saeco Odea - All reviews have been viewed 36,541 times (updated hourly).

Hans Schaare 5.00
Anna Plante 5.00
H H 5.00

Previous Review
Product Reviewed: Odea Giro
Where Bought: Bed Bath Beyond Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Saeco Magic
Bottom Line: Sexy machine, does what it should. I would not hesitate to recomend it.

Great looks, everything works out of the box. Narrower than other models, easy to use.

I would personally want a larger coffee bean container

Start by  putting  water in the side, container simple pull out. The machine went through the start cycle as expected . I had to manually prime by letting steam and water through the steam wand until none was left also as expected . The Blinking icons stopped blinking.  After manually priming this and reading the instruction everything performed fine. Put the beans in and made 1st espresso cup which was diluted --- so I made a second one an this was perfect. The instructions tell you to be able to adjust the grind if needed a adjustment  tool is also supplied to do this. Using this would fall into the fine tunning part of it, but I an sure this has to to with other variables such as bean type, roast, humidity ect.  I used Italian roast, Anyway my daughter can make hot water for coco, the Queen and love of my life can make fantastic cappuccino as she likes; and iI can have my fantastic espresso or two from bean to cup at touch of the button. at anytime and at the quality same as Starbucks or any of these places which I have no patience to line up for and wait. I dont mind spending this to not wait and be at the mercy of the coffee shop and its capable employees- And in as several variations and volume as my heart and mood desires i can do this at simple adjustments--- and push the button.   VIOLA !

While installing a new convection oven my other machine a  was being moved and my son, as luck would have it, to avoid stepping on Jurgi our short legged Jack Russel terrier tripped and dropped the machine on a hard floor - cover broken and some serious bumps and aesthetically beat up.  Aside from that this was quite a behemoth, at that point I decided to start looking for a new machine. Not so big - with separate tank for warm water - tea hot chocolate and such as advertised by Saeco . I wanted a more compact and good looking machine not just a silver or black box but one that would perform comparative to the "Magic" but also with a smaller footprint. The Odea Go and Spidem Villa was considered. I researched all the reviews as I believe in doing due diligence before purchasing - I was looking all over the internet price was about $599 to $700. I was trying to find a vendor closer to LA so the package would have a shorter transit time (therefore less chance for handling damage-vibration and being bounced around from one storage facility to another and handled) and was prepared to have this sent to me with 2 day shipping but many internet vendors are from the East coast, I even searched to try to find them in Arizona and West Coast  also so ther would be no tax expense in the process I found called ----  aLatteHotte.com they seemed to have a decent web site and were open 24/7 also advertised price match - as I reside close to LA in CA to see if they would match the prices of $599 from Amazon--they were at $699 the obnoxious person who answered told me that these sellers were not authorized dealers and he wound not match their prices , and "I'm not giving these machines away, why don't you buy from them" in a very rude manner. Even I was ready to pay full price - but not to this rude imbecile.  So I hung up more inspired than ever not to give them my business and decided to do just that.  Later that day after doing some shopping with my son -  I happened to go to a BBB store (Bed Bath and Beyond) decided to see out of curiosity if they had one of these higher end machines and how much they priced it, for frankly I did not expect to see one there as the price range on these machines are starting to get higher and is relatively new model . And guess what they had it there one machine! at $599. And I remembered the --you know all these 20% off coupons BBB puts all over the place-- there was one at home from a magazine! So I called my wife asked her to meet me at the store and used that for the purchase and with tax came out to $519.59 FANTASTIC!  just great! I came in almost $200 under what I was prepared to pay for and even if I would like to patronize local businesses- not to aLaHotte.com- they should also deserve my business, thats 700 bucks and good will lost there plus whatever extras I would have purchased.  I am very pleased with this purchase and it worked out well.

Previous Review
Posted: February 9, 2008, 7:50pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.182033061981)