Saeco Magic Superautomatics - Jeff Rader's Review
Posted: March 1, 2002, 5:34pm
Saeco Magic Superautomatics

Arrow The Saeco Magic Superautomatics has 7 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Magic Superautomatics has been rated 8.26 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 3, 2005.
Arrow Saeco Magic Superautomatics reviews have been viewed 37,109 times (updated hourly).

Tony Orion 7.00
Jeff Rader 6.20
Joel Klein 5.50
Chris Ruwoldt 5.00
Philip Ende 4.00

Product Reviewed: Magic Comfort +
Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Silvia/Rocky
Bottom Line: Consistently great coffee whenever I want with no mess.

Consistently very good espresso and crema coffee at the touch of a button
Saves time in the morning
Coffee anytime!

Expensive
Espresso is not quite as good as the best I would get from my Silvia/Rocky combo
Steam could be better

I've wanted a superauto for a while.  The cost vs. features was a deterent until Saeco introduced the Magic Comfort.  It has the right features for my needs at a price I found reasonable.  Plus, I bought a demo model which saved me a few dollars.

I have owned the Silvia/Rocky combo for over a year and can produce a good shot on a regular basis.  The Saeco consistently equals the better shots from the Silvia but not my best shots from the Silvia - which didn't happen all that often!  It doesn't have quite the steam power as the Silvia, but it's more than adequate.  The Saeco takes 15 seconds longer that my Silvia to steam the same amount of milk.

I can now have espresso, lattes and crema coffee whenever I want.  It's simple to use, cleans itself and does it all in less than half the time with with less mess than the Silvia.  Plus, my wife now also makes her own lattes - she wouldn't touch the SIlvia.

Can't get much better than that!

WLL did a great job!

I've now had the machine for 6 months.  I did have one O ring go bad, but Saeco fixed it quickly and without charge.  Other than that, it has been a great machine that produces consistently very good espresso (especially with beans I roast from Sweet Marias [Monkey Blend] and with the Vita blends from Espresso Vivace) and is a breeze to use.  Definitely one of my best coffee purchases.

Would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants consistent very good espresso without all the fuss.

Posted: March 1, 2002, 5:34pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19372010231)