Saeco Aroma - All - James Millet's Review
Posted: January 5, 2009, 6:59pm
Saeco Aroma Espresso - All

Arrow The Saeco Aroma - All has 26 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Aroma - All has been rated 7.92 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 28, 2007.
Arrow Saeco Aroma - All reviews have been viewed 253,571 times (updated hourly).

Tim Cashin 9.00

Product Reviewed: Aroma
Where Bought: Costco Aesthetics 6
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 8
Similar Items Owned: Estro 410
Bottom Line: I'm happy; great performance at a bargain price.

Well constructed heavy metal case, large water container, easy access controls on front panel

No off/on light.  Drip tray grill is marginal

After owning the Estro 410 for over ten years with outstanding service it finally gave up the ghost.  Just the excuse I needed to buy a new machine.  My budget was $300 to $600 and I wanted another semi-automatic machine.  After much research here and on other Coffee Forums I narrowed my choices down to the Rancilio Silvia and the Saeco Aroma.  It did not escape my notice that the Saeco Aroma is an updated, upgraded, repackaged, relabeled Estro 410.  I was leaning towards the Rancilio Silvia when I came accross a Costco special on the regularly $300 Saeco Aroma; $250 with a $50 rebate.  My "delivered to the door" price was $240 including 9% sales tax.
The Saeco Aroma has exceeded my expectations; it's a far better machine than my old Estro 410.  My only complaint on the Saeco Aroma is the absence of any kind of light indicating the machine is turned on and ready for use.  It's easy to forget to turn the machine off after use as the on/off button is located on the side of the case out of sight.
The true test will be longevity; will the Saeco Aroma provide the same long term service as its predecessor the Estro 410?  Only time will tell.

Purchased via Internet from Costco.  Shipped next day via ground from Ohio and arrived at my door four days later.

Posted: January 5, 2009, 6:59pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187825918198)