Saeco Aroma - All - Digiphoart Fox's Review
Posted: January 15, 2008, 11:50am
Saeco Aroma Espresso - All

Arrow The Saeco Aroma - All has 26 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Aroma - All has been rated 7.92 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 28, 2007.
Arrow Saeco Aroma - All reviews have been viewed 250,710 times (updated hourly).

Tim Cashin 9.00
Tom Stubbs 8.33
Brian S 7.25
Nick Romancer 6.50
Dave S. 6.40

Product Reviewed: Aroma
Where Bought: Costco Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Better than adequate in today's underachieving appliance world..

Solid, simple, in stainless attractive (not offensive) enough.

I upped my product rating in an attempt to get a better review rating..... er..ah... because of my inexperience with comparable products, the only one being my sister's Starbucks Barista.

No 'on' light, though when water is heated the brew light comes on.
Water temperature brew light cycles off after 10 seconds. (Self edit - manual says this is OK.) I'd like someone to explain this: if the light is controlled by a water thermometer why does it not reflect the temp of the water, both before and after beginning a pull?

The prior reviews have been thorough and informative and I am not as expert as their posters... Also I have little to add but for a couple of points:

1. The wattage is 950 not 1250 as I thought I read somewhere here, or as mistakenly stated by Saeco America's rep, even after my noting that the specs posted at various locations online were in conflict.

2. The ready light on my unit only remains lit for 10 seconds once brewing has begun, hardly long enough for a complete pull except of the smallest size.  This is an inconvenience which might bother a perfectionist more than it bothers me....but it clearly ain't right. Maybe the light going out does not indicate insufficient heat but it would seem that that is it's purpose before brewing begins so why not always? I hope folks will comment on this. (Self edit - manual says this is OK.)

First unit.

Steady performer. (I do no steaming, frothing as I don't like the cleanup relative to the benefits (on any machine).) Wish there was some clarification of the need to always prime as this recommendation exhausts the water supply faster.

No problems at all.

Posted: January 15, 2008, 11:50am
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184916973114)