Saeco Aroma - All - Michelle Rhoades's Review
Posted: June 13, 2008, 12:45pm
Saeco Aroma Espresso - All

Arrow The Saeco Aroma - All has 26 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Aroma - All has been rated 7.92 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 28, 2007.
Arrow Saeco Aroma - All reviews have been viewed 251,450 times (updated hourly).

Tim Cashin 9.00

Product Reviewed: Aroma
Where Bought: Costco.com Aesthetics 9
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 10
Similar Items Owned: moka pots
Bottom Line: If you aren't a total purist or a coffee snob, buy it!

The thing is a little tank. I don't find it noisy--it purrs like a machine doing something. I expected much more noise based on other reviews. It is easy to use and provides good espresso with a nice heart if you use good coffee. Steam wand works, provides good milk foam. Water tank when filled will last a couple of days for me.

Yeah, it looks a little boxy, just like an old Volvo. A "tiny" bit of cleanup involved. Drain tray is flimsy.

Look, for the 219.00 I paid, this is a great deal. Yeah, it's got some of that Seaco goo going on but it's easy to remove with a little running water over the sink (turn the disposal on!). I saw a you tube video of the goo and I thought the noise was going to be horrible when the  machine was on. Not so. It really isn't bad at all. Just sort of a loud purr. Certainly not a deal-killer. What might be for some is the foaming wand. It doesn't move much and that's annoying if you plan to make lots of steamed milk. I am in it for the espresso, so it's not a big deal to me. It works, you just have to be a little careful with it. The drain tray that the cups sit on is flimsy, I think. But again, not a deal-killer for me.

Coffee. That's what it's about. It's easy to use, the pressurized bit doesn't bother me as I am not a super-expert in this area. Pucks or no pucks, water temp and so on? I just want to turn it on, hit the button and get my espresso so I can get back to work or wake up. In terms of that this little machine is making me really happy (and it's cheaper than a flight to Paris, after all...though not as pretty, it's true). I don't have a grinder (I don't care THAT much about coffee nuances) and Lavazza espresso in the machine makes a better creama than Illy, as far as I can tell. Amazon has some deals on coffee too. I use the stuff in the black can. I'd buy an aroma again. Not sure at this point if I'd ever buy a more expensive model or different make.

Oh yeah--costco got it to me in about 5 days. This was well short of their quoted 10-15 day delivery estimate.

In other words, for me this purchase worked out great. Good Luck!

Awesome and I got a price much less than the $350.00 I've seen in some places.

Posted: June 13, 2008, 12:45pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.183431863785)