Saeco Vienna Deluxe - Alastair Thomson's Review
Posted: December 15, 2005, 4:22pm
Saeco Vienna Deluxe

Arrow The Saeco Vienna Deluxe has 22 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Vienna Deluxe has been rated 7.31 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Vienna Deluxe reviews have been viewed 147,330 times (updated hourly).

Alex B 9.00
Roger Placer 8.21
Jimmy Keeler 7.50
Joe Foo 7.40
M Ham 7.00

Where Bought: 1st Line Equipment Aesthetics 4
Bottom Line: Would be great if the quality was there.

Simple to operate, quick moderately consistent shots

Very poor quality

Bought this to replace a machine I managed to break while repairing it... Anyway, it was the best price I could find at the time, and a bonus was that it was automatic.

Took a week or so to figure out the optimal grind - which means that I wasted a lot of coffee with it too fine and the machine decides to stop and dump...  Once I got it figured out it was OK. Then I started to roast my own beans and the need to adjust the grind for every roast became a real pain - and more wasted coffee.

Then came the problems. First the thermostat quit for the steamer - Saeco told me that it needed descaling. Descaled. They told me I had to use THEIR descaler. Found theirs and it still didn't work. They claimed that I hadn't done it properly. Gave up on steaming.

Then the adjustment for the grinder quit - the know no longer turns the shaft so I can't adjust the grind without using a screwdriver. Saeco tells me that they'll repair it but the cost will be $300...

I give up. I'm going back to basics and getting a simple machine.

Excellent - as always from 1st Line.

Posted: December 15, 2005, 4:22pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.190320014954)