Saeco Vienna - Michael McElveen's Review
Posted: April 24, 2004, 7:09am
Saeco Vienna

Arrow The Saeco Vienna has 14 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Vienna has been rated 7.17 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Vienna reviews have been viewed 69,620 times (updated hourly).

Rick Prosser 8.00
Jay Martin 7.33
Kimber Mata 7.00
John T 6.33
Paula Golladay 6.00

Where Bought: Amazon.com Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Choose another manufacturer.

I have to seach my non-caffinated brain very hard for something postive to say about this machine, Oh I thought of something, how about this.  The machine looks very attractive sitting on the counter, just like a potted plant and it makes the same amount of coffee, none.

Poorly made.

Bought the machine for Christmas looking forward to fresh ground beans turned into mothers milk with little or no fuss.  Little did I know the disappointment I was in for.  The machine did not work from the very beginning.  Everytime I tried to brew the malfunction lights came on.  I called the SAECO service center and after going through all of their routines they said to send it back to them.  I got the allegedly repaired machine back and they listed the problems they corrected.  There was a wire for the grinder that was disconnected, the circuit board was broken and a thumb screw was missing.  All of these show me poor manufacturing quality.

I plugged the supposed repaired machine  in and made two cups of good espresso.  The next morning with much expectation of enjoying a fresh latte I power up the machine, press the brew button and the malfunction lights come on.  This is the same place I started at four months ago.  So far for my money I have made two cups of coffee, which works out to about $200 per cup.

I have decided to make the best of the situation and will drop the machine into the Gulf of Mexico as part of an artifical reef, I am sure the fish will get more enjoyment out of it than I have.

Good.

Posted: April 24, 2004, 7:09am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.240784883499)