Saeco Via Veneto - Dennis D's Review
Posted: September 27, 2001, 2:42pm
Saeco Via Veneto

Arrow The Saeco Via Veneto has 18 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Via Veneto has been rated 7.37 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Via Veneto reviews have been viewed 88,102 times (updated hourly).

Lance Goffinet 9.33
Phil Pearce 8.50
Lisa B 8.25
Alexandre Enkerli 8.00
Byron Ala 8.00

Where Bought: ebay Aesthetics 4
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Not bad for $50-$80 can‘t recomend for retail price$185

Makes a decent shot, heats up quick and has a Ulka pump.

Small boiler, cheap flimsy plastic shell.

I bought this machine off the net at a dicounted rate of $80 dollars, I wouldn‘t recomend paying a dollar over 80 bucks for the machine.  Specially at the retail of $180.  The machine isn‘t horrible but I was expecting a bit more.  The machine heats up quick, but runs out of steam quickly (no pun intended) I beleive as Mark has stated in his review that its do to the realitivly small boiler. The steaming wand is barley usable with its relativly small size. My Saeco is an older model than ones Mark reviewed,  it doesnt feature the pressurized portafilter or the plastic frother attachment. The machine does make a decent shot, asuming you already have a good grinder and fresh beans =).  Another let down was the machine was next to impossible to prime the machine, I tried the famous kick start suggestion to no resolve and after about an hour or so the machine finnaly primed up. Another negative feature is the water container barly suffices, Neeeds to filled constantly. I figure if you are an everyday drinker you will need to upgrade in a year or so from this machine. My next machine will defintly be a Silvia.

Well its a little longer than three months but hey...
Well I stick my foot in my mouth. Ive had this machine going on almost 2 years now and its a daily user, sometimes several times a day :) And knock on wood still running strong. The plastic still feels like the day I got it, I surly figured by now there would be some cracking some were. Still saving for Ms Sylvia though .

Posted: September 27, 2001, 2:42pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.194565057755)