Saeco Magic Deluxe - Hwang ho tse Chin gon's Review
Posted: April 23, 2009, 8:00pm
Saeco Magic Deluxe

Arrow The Saeco Magic Deluxe has 20 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Magic Deluxe has been rated 8.03 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Magic Deluxe reviews have been viewed 127,570 times (updated hourly).

Marc Gagne 8.00
Rod Whiteley 8.00
Chip Scardo 7.00
Jim Pellegrini 6.88
John Geddes 6.66

Where Bought: costo.com Aesthetics 5
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: none
Bottom Line: Expensive machine, good coffe, not good cost vs. value, too tricky for beginners, superautomatic = superproblematic

if you get the hang of it it and you have tons of patience, you will eventually make great coffee, like me after i spent over 700 bucks!!

not good for beginers, watch out, too expensive, too tricky, many many sensors, the tanks are ,made of plastic, they may ruin easily; machine is bulky but has good appearance

The machine is quite big, heavy and bulky,  it has defaults in all the sensors and many they are, sometimes nothing is wrong and the machine blocks itself, the grinder is a piece of "%&/(, we have to continually keep pushing the beans in manually, looks like the grinder expels the beans from drifting in by themselves, the water tank and bean tanks are made of plastic that looks cheap, it scratches and has bad appearance. Personally I would prefer glass tanks.
The machine needs constant descaling. I've had it for 5 plus years and I paid a lot for it. Not good in cost vs. value. The coffee is great and the frother works great. I truly won't encourage a beginner for it has many tricks to it. I would advice to start with something else. I have a friend who has another italian brand, it is not as pretty as mine but performs better.

I bought this at costco.com, it think they were on "sale" just to get rid of this item. Wouldn't buy from them again.

still using it, I'd rather have a smaller more compact machine.

Posted: April 23, 2009, 8:00pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.1866710186)