Saeco Magic Deluxe - Darryl Richman's Review
Posted: November 26, 2000, 11:10pm
Saeco Magic Deluxe

Arrow The Saeco Magic Deluxe has 20 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Magic Deluxe has been rated 8.03 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Magic Deluxe reviews have been viewed 127,126 times (updated hourly).

Marc Gagne 8.00
Rod Whiteley 8.00
Chip Scardo 7.00
Jim Pellegrini 6.88
John Geddes 6.66

Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Great machine, does everything.

Easy to use, easy to set up.  It heats up from cold in less than a minute and it‘s about 30 seconds from hot water to steam.  The machine is smart enough to tell you it‘s low on water before it will run out while making something.

The manual could be a bit clearer.  It took me several passes to understand what all the features were and how they were used.

I had a manual espresso machine (Krups Semi Commercial) that I had programmed myself to use at oh-dark-thirty to crank out an Americano.  It took me a while to find a technique for producing good frothed milk for cappucinos &c.

Now, I just turn it on in the morning and when the temp light comes on in a minute, one button gets me my first cup.  What a luxury!  I just had the family over for Thanksgiving, we went through 2lbs. of coffee, and everyone wants one of these.

Other reviews have complained about the amount of steam available, but I have had no such problems.  My wife doesn‘t drink coffee, but I often make steamed milk for her.  Also, the cup heater works for me, if it has about 5 minutes to operate.  If it doesn‘t work right, they should get it fixed.

Tip: you can get back to hot water temp from steam temp quickly by dispensing some water from the wand after turning off the steam switch.  It will cool down in just 5 seconds or so.

Look for the automatic milk frother that Saeco makes.  It‘s great!  It makes very stiff froth immediately, with no technique required.  Dip the tube into a pitcher of milk and it sucks it up and produces a stream of frothed milk to your cup.  It takes me back to the cafes in Austria and Italy.

Posted: November 26, 2000, 11:10pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.2166929245)