Saeco Magic Cappuccino - Jin Yu's Review
Posted: July 15, 2004, 1:46pm
Saeco Magic Cappuccino

Arrow The Saeco Magic Cappuccino has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Magic Cappuccino has been rated 7.00 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Magic Cappuccino reviews have been viewed 44,024 times (updated hourly).

Bill Adams 7.00
Douglas Engel 6.50
Brett Boyds 6.40
Guthrie Collins 6.25
Edgar Carbaat 5.00

Where Bought: ebay Aesthetics 5
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Solid Stepping Ladder in Espresso Addiction

Good coffee, reliable, durable, easy to use.

Leaks water from steaming spout when brewing.
Leaks water from grouphead when steaming.

I'm a noob, and I find this to be a basically good espresso machine for the marketed price, and a great deal at us$60 used.

It took a while to adjust the grind and tamp to produce ideal shots.  The pump produces considerable pressure compared to my old Delonghi Bar14, so it requires a relatively fine grind...  tried to get away with a cheap grinder, but later found it necessary to get a burr grinder with adjustable setting.  I get considerable amount of crema compared to the Delonghi, but that may just be the pressurized portafilter.  I am thinking of buying a non-pressurized portafilter so I can better adjust my routine to get better espresso.

Only reason I wouldn't buy it again would be...  because of my growing espresso hobby (obsession?--do I really NEED to spend half a grand or more for a coffee machine?).  At any rate, I will probably want to upgrade to a Solis or Rancilio.

Ebay, fulfilling my need to shop, gamble, and drink espresso.

Posted: July 15, 2004, 1:46pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187042951584)