Saeco Classico - Will's Review
Posted: December 1, 2000, 4:30pm
Saeco Classico

Arrow The Saeco Classico has 29 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Classico has been rated 8.32 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Classico reviews have been viewed 197,997 times (updated hourly).

Steve Zlatev 8.50
Dave LaFollette 8.44
Mark Bounds 8.00
Mark Johnston 7.50
Tricia Walker 7.00

Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Professional Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Chevy Impala of espresso.

heats up fast, makes nice espresso with good crema, big water tank, pleasing design, durable construction. Spiffy early 80‘s demonstration video.

uses up steam power very quickly, surprisingly flimsy portafilter construction (stands out on a solid machine.)

I went ‘round and ‘round about buying an espresso machine for my love (and our household). The cheap machines looked like they‘d last about a week and the expensive...$600 bucks for a coffee maker? After reading the reviews here and looking all over the web, this model strikes me as the Chevy Impala (the old model) of the espresso world: inexpensive, durable, a little homely, but does the job. And so far, it has impressed me with the quality of coffee-- better than any local cafe. I am worried about the amount of steam it makes (very little, and slowly at that) but I am used to using the big commercial machines, so I‘m not sure that‘s really a negative.
More striking is the totally cheap portafilter; I feel like I‘m going to snap it off at any point. (like the cheap upholstery of an Impala).
Water reservoir is enormous, steam arm is adequate.

I recommend this machine to Impala drivers everywhere.

Posted: December 1, 2000, 4:30pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.208904027939)