Saeco Classico - Scott Griswold's Review
Posted: March 13, 2001, 9:21pm
Saeco Classico

Arrow The Saeco Classico has 29 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Classico has been rated 8.32 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Classico reviews have been viewed 198,089 times (updated hourly).

Steve Zlatev 8.50
Dave LaFollette 8.44
Mark Bounds 8.00
Mark Johnston 7.50
Tricia Walker 7.00

Where Bought: Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: If you are looking for a basic machine, that produces really good expresso at a reasonable price, then this is the machine to buy.

The unit produces a great tasting expresso, the price was very affordable, lots of steam, and it is very simple to use.  I found the instructions very easy to follow considering I have never used an expresso machine in my life before buying this unit.

I found the steam wand to be a bit too short, but have found through trial and error the best position to place wand for producing lots of steam.

I bought the unit from Whole Latte Love, ordered it over the internet, the transaction was seamless, received email within minutes confirming order, ship date etc.  The price was $215 USD. shipping was free within US, and it came with coffee pods, 2 cups, coffee book, and video.  I would recommend this machine without hesitation, I was making very good tasting expresso drinks within the first couple tries.  I had never used an expresso machine so I had to learn how much milk to add, how to get lots of foam and just the basic steps to follow.  I am using an expresso blend called Valos which is sold in Borders bookstores in their coffee shop, the expresso I make tastes as good as the expresso their commercial machine makes using the same coffee.  My only concern was that I found the steam wand to be a bit short, I wish it extend outward more from the unit with a longer wand, but even with this shortcoming the machine produces tons of steam which has given me more than enough steam.

Posted: March 13, 2001, 9:21pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193470954895)