Rancilio Silvia - Paul Herman's Review
Posted: February 27, 2003, 8:04pm
Arrow Morala Trading Inc.

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,686,582 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: chris's coffee Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: BRAUN STEAM POT
Bottom Line: Buy it.

Makes great espresso. Looks great and is solidly built.  Did I say make great espresso?

Temperature surfing required to make great espresso.  Invovles a little practice to get consistant results.

Simply put I read the reviews here and decided to make the leap.   Silvia is all that I dreamed and more, I must say I am in espresso bliss.
Silvia takes a little care to learn but she is well worth the effort.  Once mastered she is capable of making better espresso than I have ever had before.

I must caution that if you decide to buy you must be prepared to search the web for information on how to use her properly.  Her instructions are weak.  She is easy to use once a few basic steps are learned.  Silvia is not as automatic as other machines.  Temperature controls are to loose requiring a temperature surfing routine to be learned for the best results.

Maintanence has been very easy.  I remove the screen to the portafilter receiver every couply of days to clean.  This really keeps the quality of the espresso high.

All in all I am very pleased!

I call several retailers and asked for there best package deal on a silvia, ss rocky and a bunch of other little items.  Chris's coffee offered the best deal and I ordered.  Chris was great, he promptly responded to my request.  Items were shipped promptly and double boxed.

n/a

Still using 5 times a week. & love it.  Great entry level machine.

Posted: February 27, 2003, 8:04pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.202310085297)