Rancilio Silvia - Erik Kleijn's Review
Posted: November 21, 2001, 7:29am

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,685,832 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Professional Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: You will not regret it.

Does all that it promises. Nice heavy machine, looks good, no nonsense. The thing I like absolute best is the heavy professional portafilter.

Keeps you polishing 24/7. This is also a positive feature since it lets you spend a lot of time fiddling with this great machine.

39 other reviewants and hundreds of alt.coffee subscribers can‘t be wrong. This is what I thought when I bought it, and it turned out true. There is a LOT of information on the Silvia on the internet, and almost all true. When I purchased it, I was also considering the Vibiemme Domobar, an E61 machine because it looks so good (yes, even better than the Silvia). My first idea was to get a Pavoni. This page and internet scared me off of the Pavoni, but above all I think that I can always buy a used Pavoni when I come across one. The Vibiemme is much more expensive and I think a boiler machine is better than a heat exchanger for home use.

As I mentioned before, the heavy portafilter is a pleasure to work with.

Something I would like to have added to the Silvia is a thermometer to monitor water temnperature. The temp surfing method works fine too though.

Posted: November 21, 2001, 7:29am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.205981016159)