Rancilio Silvia - Brian Berkley's Review
Posted: January 20, 2002, 6:12pm
Arrow Morala Trading Inc.
Arrow Clive Coffee

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,687,422 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: www.aabreecoffee.com Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Advanced Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Estro Vapore
Bottom Line: Don't mess with the rest, Miss Silvia is the best!

I couldn't be more happy making espresso at home than I am now with the acquisition of the Silvia

Lack of a water-level indicator other than opening the tank cover.  Lack of an adjustable (angle) steam wand.

Out of the box, I was already pulling better shots with the Silvia than I had in 6.5 years of using the Estro Vapore.  Once I purchased the La Marzocco filter baskets (from 1st-Line Equipment) and a Reg Barber tamper (from wholelattelove.com), my path to espresso nirvana became much clearer.

Of course, the instructions are pretty vague, but with them, and the HOWTO's at coffeekid.com, I am consistently pulling better shots, and making the morning latte's faster than I had before.

My Estro grinder is definitely 1 or more clicks away from grinding beans fine enough for the Silvia, and I have been experimenting with different roasts and grinds from local espresso places.  I need to get a better grinder to see how far I can progress with the Silvia.

Very painless purchase, I would buy from them again.

Posted: January 20, 2002, 6:12pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.1938829422)