Rancilio Silvia - Wayne S's Review
Posted: December 28, 2009, 3:56pm
Arrow Batch Coffee

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,666,843 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Saeco Aroma
Bottom Line: A great solid espresso/cappuccino machine for the home user.

Miss Silvia is a solid investment in your espresso future. I find it produces great espresso on a consistent basis. She heats up well and stays hot, has substantial replaceable components, and just feels like a real espresso machine. Steams milk like a champ. I like the brushed stainless steel exterior.

Temperature fluctuation on the high and low end of the boiler require you to temperature surf for optimal brewing temperature. Single boiler machine, in general not good for producing multiple milk based drinks.

Over the year I have been using my Miss Silvia i have really grown to appreciate her. After using a lower end machine for a time this unit was a real step up and I love it. I am the single coffee drinker in the house and generally go for cappuccinos in the morning and a drink after dinner sometimes so the single boiler unit is fine for my home use. I have the machine on a timer so she comes on early and is on for about 5 hours with no problems. Pared with a good grinder you will be serving yourself great espressos in no time. I have no problems with getting great shots most of the time. The machine fits well under the kitchen counter and doesn't take up a whole lot of space.

Purchasing the machine at Whole Latte Love was without a hitch. Ordered the machine on line and it arrived within a few days in good shape. The machine came with some extras they threw in also. A nice touch.

Posted: December 28, 2009, 3:56pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188853979111)