Rancilio Silvia - Sharon Smith's Review
Posted: January 16, 2001, 4:08pm

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,691,479 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Solis 166
Bottom Line: Cappa Heaven

Solid feeling and great looking.

I have had to replace the steaming knob, steaming wand and boiler.  Tamper is mickey mouse

I never made any form of espresso for myself before buying this machine.  I didn‘t really know what I was getting into and the learning curve was steep.  Now, after 9 months, I am in love with the coffee I can produce.  Once you get a technique down, it makes consistently excellent espresso.  My thanks to the Coffee Kid and to alt.coffee where I have lurked.

Unfortunately, the internals of this machine leave much to be desired.  I want to thank Todd Salzman at Whole Latte Love who has consistently come through for me and been patient with my newbie questions.  I managed to replace even the boiler myself. Todd also arranged for Rancilio to send me a commercial portafilter because of the very disparate flow.  All of this was covered under the warranty without any problem.

But for the last four months the machine has been performing admirably and I wouldn‘t hesitate to recommend it with the caveat that it will take some practice to get it right.  But once you do, you‘ve gone to cappa heaven.

I received excellent and knowledgeable service from Todd Salzman at Whole Latte Love.  As stated above, I did have problems with the machine, but the seller was always responsive in a timely manner.

Posted: January 16, 2001, 4:08pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.20686507225)