Rancilio Silvia - Soren Rasmussen's Review
Posted: June 9, 2007, 3:02am
Arrow Clive Coffee

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,692,283 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Risteriet Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Rocky - IRoast
Bottom Line: If you want espressos the right way - everytime - without annoying temp surf, buy this kit.

Built to last. Easy to use. Makes top results

Drip tray too small. Temperture unstable

I have now used miss Silvia for 2 years. Enjoyed the fellowship. Makes outstanding Cappas and espressos. Have looked for better temperture regulation due to unstable quality from espressos mainly. The temperture regulation can be unpassed by temp surfing, but its tricky and time consuming. I found MLG properties on the net, and it seemed to be a nice and easy kit for PID regulation. I took a deep breath and ordered a kit for my Silvia. The kit arrived 3 weeks after. Very well packed and with first class instructions on a CD rom. High quality photo and a second to none instruction, lead mee through a 2 hours session. No troubles and a averrage tech-person can doo this witout any trouble at all.  The result is very nice. Fits well into the left side of my silvia. The temp is now accurate within 0.1 c degree. Its steady as a rock. I love it. And what have the kit don to my espressos? Well the kit will not do better quality shots BUT former days my espresso was a fortune wheel of different result result. Now every single shot is perfecr due to right temp. Period. So now I have a variable less, and can concentrate and optimizing other things like roast times, stamping, beans ETC.

The guys at MLG are proffs all the way through. Top quality service and support and the product is superb.

5 months after PID installation my boiler broke. Sad day. White powder coming out af the group and no heat. After some hazzle found a new boiler. Be aware, there are 2 models so take care to get the right model. It took me a couple of hours to get it in. So now up and running again. I have learned my lessons - be sure to refill the boiler after frothing milk - period

Posted: June 9, 2007, 3:02am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19251203537)