Rancilio Silvia - Grant Diener's Review
Posted: April 19, 2005, 2:18pm
Arrow Batch Coffee

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,660,544 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: 1st Line Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Quailty built producing great shots

It is just a great looking machine and well built.  I could tell as soon as I lifted it out of the box.  Compared to my old machine the time to steam the milk is really quick.  It is easy to maintain and the boiler heats up very quickly.

Like others have said, it is sensitive to grind.  Since I have been getting my espresso ground from Starbucks, I found that the grind was a little too fine and the shots were taking about 45-50 sec to pull.  Once the grind was adjusted up to 2, I was getting much better shots with great creme.

The machine is well built and I am fully expecting this to be the last machine I will ever own.  Like others I did a lot of searching of reviews of espresso machines and time and time again this one came out on top.  Once I got the grind figured out, the shots I was able to pull were much better than what I have experienced with my older machine and sometimes at Starbucks, but maybe that isn't saying much.  But what I can say is that I am making three to four lattes for myself every day.  I love it.

I found 1stLine to be great.  They called me after I placed my online order and the machine came within a week, which is pretty good considering I live in Canada.

Posted: April 19, 2005, 2:18pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.201355934143)