Rancilio Silvia - Eddie Heckmann's Review
Posted: February 8, 2003, 7:30pm
Arrow EspressoOutlet.net

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,670,194 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Advanced Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Starbucks Barista
Bottom Line: Buy it, unless you have more than $1000 to spend, then get a Livia 90.

Hands down the best value out there today.  This machine will perform similarily to a $1000+ commercial machine.  The brass boiler, commercial grade portafiler and group head are just a few of the many benefits of owning this fine Italian machine.

Hhhhmmmm.  I've struggled with this one.  I guess if I could change one thing about the Silvia, it would be its fit and finish.  I'm not talking about sturdiness, I'm talking about the little details. This machine has some sharp edges and poorly cut pieces that cheapen its feel and appearance.

I had researched this machine for 90 days prior to purchasing it.  I was torn between it, the Gaggia Classic, and the Francis! X5.

After receiving the machine from Whole Latte Love, I soon found out that I made the right decision.  Right out of the box I was impressed.  Weighing 30 pounds, I knew it would be a winner.

Everything I read about this machine was true: solid construction, brass boiler, commercial portafilter, good heat retenation, good steaming quality, etc.  I guess my favorite attribute is its commercial-grade look and feel.

What could be improved?  Instructions.  Thank god I had a machine before this.  If I hadn't, I would have been lost.  It also helped that Whole Latte Love included an interactive CD-ROM which was extremely helpful.

In addition to instructions, I'd like to see a little better production quality.  My machine came covered in greasy finger prints - yuck.  Took my at least an hour to clean it up.  Some of the pieces could have been cut a little more straight and sanded down.  There are several crooked cuts and sharp edges on my machine.  Definetly looks hand made.

I guess I'd wrap this up by saying this is the best machine on the market for under $1000.  I'd definetly buy it again.

Great.  You can't beat Whole Latte Love.  One of the better buying experiences I've had in years.

Posted: February 8, 2003, 7:30pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200251817703)