Rancilio Silvia - Michael Walker's Review
Posted: February 2, 2002, 2:47am

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,672,002 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: I don't remember, Its 1 am. Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: The buttons are not upside down, my brain is upside down at 4am.

Shiny - Works - Impresses the Hell out of my Friends - Makes me feel good to be an American - Only broke Once

Cheap Portafilter Handle - Rubber Feet Coming Off - Water Drips Out of Steam Wand during Warm Up - No Water Level Warning - Doesn't kiss me on the cheek and hand me a warm Cinnamon Roll when I'm finished pouring a shot

In my last review (pre-registration, so no follow up allowed) I pretty much tore into Silvia and suggested that buyers would be better off getting a more expensive machine.  OK, so I had a rather large glass of wine just prior to the review and may have gotten a little carried away.  I'm sorry, alright?  Now get this, the NEXT morning, after posting my negative review, I woke up to a broken Silivia.  I can only assume that I wounded her fragile spirit.  Her thermostat was broken, and I felt terrible.  Thankfully, the machine was still under warranty (and I had been leaving it on almost all day).  The parts were free, and the fix was easy.  But I will NEVER talk bad about Silvia again.  I will never talk bad about Silivia again.  I will never talk bad about Silvia again.  I will ne..... you get the picture.

I have never regretted owning my Rancilio machine.  Even when I broke it, I had it coming.  I'm just glad she gave me a second chance.

Two pieces of advice: get a Reg Barber (or equivalent) tamper, and don't scrimp on the grinder.

To solve the long warm-up problem I hooked Silvia up to a timer that goes off a half hour before I get up in the morning and turns off just after I go to work.

What can I say?  I bought it.  It arrived.  It worked.

(CoffeeGeek: can this question)

Posted: February 2, 2002, 2:47am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197283983231)