Rancilio Silvia - Chris Brown's Review
Posted: December 20, 2012, 7:56am

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,667,044 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Coffeegeek Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Professional Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Delonghi EC155
Bottom Line: This machine truly is a commercial quality machine without a large footprint.  I would buy again.

-Large Boiler
- Powerful Steam
- Commercial components

None

Rancilio Silvia V3 Model

I was able to find this on coffeegeek from another user.  Even though it's a 2nd hand 3 year old model is still works like new.  The commercial portafilter, wand and 12oz boiler really make it feel like your using a small commercial machine at home.  Amazing cafe quality or better espresso and crazy steam compared to my EC155!  Even for $700 new in Canada this espresso machine is a great deal and will clearly last for years and years to come!  I thought this machine would be less forgiving but I was able to dial in a Hario Skerton on the 2nd try with great results.

Coffeegeek user was friendly and easy to work with.  Shoulda stayed away from UPS though.  $100 C.O.D :s

Machine still runs like when I bought it 3 months ago.  Still happy to wake up in the morning to brew a shot. :)  My caffeine addiction has gotten worse over the last 3 months. I have since upgraded to the triple bottomless portafilter and it was worth it. I am pulling great looking espresso .

The Silvia still runs great. NO issues.  I descale every 6 months (drinking maybe 1-2 espresso's per day), Weekly backflush.  I didn't expect a second hand Silvia to last this long without problems.  I will soon be replacing the frame ($80) and Rustolium painting it to make it rust proof.  Since I have been able to get used to temp surfing without really knowing it.  A good tip would be to keep a frothing pitcher under the steam wand sitting on the drip tray. makes surfing cleaner and easier.  Other than a bit of rust (from me not watching how full the drip tray gets) this machine is great!  Produces amazing espresso and truly is built to last for a single boiler machine.  Now all it needs is a PID for temp profiling. :p  I plan to hide one under the cup warmer to make it easily accessible but easy to hide.  I have no issue with steam power.  If you do a 20 min warm up before flipping the steam button to warm up for steam you get a ton of steam power that won't empty the boiler much. I can refill in about 10 seconds after steaming. :)  Will buy again!

Posted: December 20, 2012, 7:56am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.194186925888)