Quickmill Silvano - Greg Goodman's Review
QuickMill Silvano
Arrow EspressoOutlet.net

Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has 25 Reviews
Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has been rated 8.99 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 29, 2011.
Arrow Quickmill Silvano reviews have been viewed 106,765 times (updated hourly).

Zim Berto 9.50
Don Walter 9.50
Mike C 9.00
Fernando R 9.00
Noel Labat-Comess 9.00

Manufacturer: Quickmill Quality: 10
Where Bought: Chris' Coffee Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Oscar, Silvia
Bottom Line: A quality machine that can't be beat for the price

Produces stellar espresso
Customizable Temperature w/ PID
Easy to customize pressure
Looks great

Thermoblock powered steam wand is a challenge for lattes or making consistent microfoam

The Silvano exceeded by expectation in its production of espresso and I couldn't be happier in that department. It produces fantastic espresso with very easily customizable pressure and temperature. I also appreciate Chris' Coffee customer service in that I spoke to the man himself for about 30 minutes asking various questions about the machine in which he was very informative.

ONE NOTE for those of you that like milk drinks, this machine MAY NOT be for you (BTW Chris was very clear with me that if I liked milk-based espresso drinks I might not be a fan of the machine, so I was warned) As stellar as the espresso production is, the thermoblock steam-driven steam wand did not produce the most desirable results off the bat. I did go from an Oscar, which produced tons of steam but no temperature stability for espresso production, so it was quite an adjustment. After a couple of weeks, I was able to watch the boiler cycle and figure out when the best time to steam milk was (after a few bleeds). I enjoy very small milk drinks like cortados and cappuccinos so after some adjustments, I am able to produce GOOD but not stellar microfoam now. For those wishing to make latte art on a regular basis, you will be challenged with this machine.

Despite the challenges of steaming, I still think this machine is excellent and for the price, you absolutely cannot beat the results of its espresso production. Knowing that this machine is not my ultimate, I am very satisfied with the upgrade I made and even more satisfied with the customer service by Chris and his staff. If you don't choose this machine, be sure to take the time to get in touch with Chris and he will guide you to a machine that is best for you. Thanks again to Chris' Coffee, for I am a customer for life. -g

Chris' Coffee is a great place to buy a machine (see commentary). Highly recommended!

Posted: January 3, 2014, 12:40pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184674024582)