Quickmill Silvano - Maria Diez's Review
QuickMill Silvano
Arrow CoffeeWishes

Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has 26 Reviews
Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has been rated 9.01 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 29, 2011.
Arrow Quickmill Silvano reviews have been viewed 119,852 times (updated hourly).

Fernando R 9.50

Manufacturer: Quickmill Quality: 10
Where Bought: used Aesthetics 10
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 9
Similar Items Owned: Ranicilio SIlvia
Bottom Line: Big step up from Silvia, more forgiving, great crema easily achieved!

Decent crema first time. Looks great. Water tank easy access. Fast to heat up. Feels solid and well made.

Wasn't able to produce good quality micro foam, took a lot of practice. I prefer an adjustment wheel like on the Silvia, rather than just a switch. Machine instructions are against descaling, so only soft water can be used. In my case it needs to be bottle water- an extra expense. The machine is expensive to buy new..

Heavy machine, good quality build, nice shiny stainless steel appearance. The pull out draw large enough to not need emptying too often. Made excellent shots immediately even though I used with an old low quality grinder. I had some trouble making the milk, it heats up so fast that it's hard to get decent micro foam in that time. I'm still learning on that one, but I know it is achievable as I've managed it a couple of times.

It feels much more class than the Silvia, which I found very workman like, very practical bit industrial. The Silvia was very hit an miss for me with pulling good shots, even though I tried to repeat my successes, it didn't work. With this machine it's great every time.

The portafilter is nice and heavy but I mostly use a bottomless for best results.

Bought used, so not relevant.

Posted: February 5, 2015, 2:05am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2015 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188696861267)