Quickmill Silvano - Brendan Neutra's Review
Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:02am
QuickMill Silvano

Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has 25 Reviews
Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has been rated 8.99 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 29, 2011.
Arrow Quickmill Silvano reviews have been viewed 110,009 times (updated hourly).

Fernando R 9.50
Zim Berto 9.50
Don Walter 9.50
Mike C 9.00
Noel Labat-Comess 9.00

Manufacturer: Quickmill Quality: 9
Where Bought: Chris Coffee Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Shut up and take my money!

- makes great espresso, even if your grind or tamp is slightly off
- PID and pressure gauge give you feedback on performance
- ready to pull a shot in 10 minutes
- steams pretty well and no wait time to steam
- easy refill
- quality construction
- compact footprint

- doesn't look like a $2000 machine, wait, it's not.  so scratch that. Certain parts (like the drip tray) are pretty simple stamped sheet metal construction but it looks really nice.

At my last work place we had a Sylvia.  I never could l figure that thing out. I didn't know about temp surfing and we had a capresso grinder, which wasn't good enough for the Sylvia.  Now, at home with the Silvano, I don't need to play any games like that.  Granted, I now have a Virtuoso Preciso grinder.  But my sense is: the Silvano is not too sensitive to grind.  Get a good grinder like the Preciso and you're good to go.  At my current work place we have a high end commercial machine and grinder and quality beans.  I get better espresso at home with the Silvano.

I'm new to espresso at home, I'm no expert on espresso but what's not to like about this machine?

Chris Coffee was great. They threw in a really nice pound of dark roast beans that they produce (voodoo).

Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:02am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.195605039597)