Quickmill Silvano - Kelly Bauman's Review
Posted: January 21, 2012, 2:59pm
QuickMill Silvano

Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has 25 Reviews
Arrow The Quickmill Silvano has been rated 8.99 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 29, 2011.
Arrow Quickmill Silvano reviews have been viewed 110,139 times (updated hourly).

Fernando R 9.50
Zim Berto 9.50
Don Walter 9.50
Mike C 9.00
Noel Labat-Comess 9.00

Manufacturer: Quickmill Quality: 9
Where Bought: Chris Coffee Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Rancilio S24, Rancilio Silvia, NS Oscar, Gaggia Baby
Bottom Line: This machine offers consistent espresso of the highest quality in a smart size and price.

This machine is designed to give you consistent, quality espresso drinks every time.  Of all the espresso machines I have owned this is the most consistent one.  I would suggest it offers the best value in a home espresso machine for under $1000.

I love the reasonable size, built in PID, high quality parts, separate steaming system that can be turned off when not in use.

The steaming switch is inconveniently located on the back.

I have owned a huge number of espresso machines.  Each one left me wanting something more until I discovered the Silvano.  It might not be the highest horsepower home machine or have an E-61 grouphead but the Quickmill folks have designed an amazing machine.

Everyone raves about the Rancilio Silvia which I owned before the Silvano.  The temperature variation and the recovery time left me wanting.  What appealed to me about the Silvano was the built in PID, the .7 litre boiler and the separate thermoblock for steaming.  The steam thermoblock is controlled by a separate switch which allows you to turn off the steam while idle or if you are only making espresso.

It is easy to use, easy to clean and enough machine for the advanced home user without being overkill (like my Rancilio S24).  I also owned an NS Oscar which would be a competitor to the Silvano.  While the Oscar has a 1.8 litre boiler with a heat exchanger which is more similar to professional machines, however, suffers from much greater temperature inconsistency.  My Rancilio S24 is comparable to the Silvano in quality output but costs 4 times as much, uses more than twice the energy, weighs more than twice as much, has a much bigger footprint, etc.

The bottom line is that this machine offers consistent espresso of the highest quality in a smart size and price.

Chris's Coffee was excellent in every way.  Good service, delivery time and packaging.

Posted: January 21, 2012, 2:59pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187924861908)