QuickMill Anita - Pete Koehler's Review
Posted: December 4, 2009, 9:58am
QuickMill Anita Espresso Machine

Arrow The QuickMill Anita has 47 Reviews
Arrow The QuickMill Anita has been rated 9.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since August 1, 2005.
Arrow QuickMill Anita reviews have been viewed 260,936 times (updated hourly).

Jeff Cirelli 9.00
Cameron Neilson 9.00
Tim Eggers 8.85
Michael Wolfson 8.35
Jeffrey the Barak 8.33

Manufacturer: QuickMill Quality: 10
Where Bought: Chris Coffee Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: No regrets on this machine!

Fantastic looking machine.  Incredible steaming power compared to the sub $1,000 category of espresso machines.  Professional grade components.  Optional no burn steam wand and brew-head thermometer are a MUST!!!

The water resevoir is incredibly small when you have to do the flushing before pulling the shot.  It's okay though, as I wouldn't want the unit to be any bigger.  I did buy an in tank water softener, but after doing the testing of my water (good), and seeing how the filter displaced even more water out of the tank, I chose not to use it.  I get a little impatient at the 30 to 40 minute warm up time, but that is more of a personality flaw than a problem with the machine.  They all need that sort of warm up time.

Can't say enough good things about the machine itself.  Buying the optional no-burn steam wand makes the experience so much nicer as well (who loves to scrape off caked on milk on a wand?).  The brew-head thermometer (optional, but also HIGHLY recommended) makes you realize how important it is to be able to know the temperature when you are doing any flush-and-go or flush and wait technique.  Top quality components used on the machine.

My previous espresso machine was a Gaggia Classic, and I really enjoyed that little unit, and it paid for itself about 20 times over.  However, I could never go back after having the Anita sitting on the counter.  In a completely different class for sure.

Looking back, it took me I'd say a few weeks before I was really making a good cup of coffee.  Was pulling pretty good shots within a few days, but it really took some getting used to on the steaming, as I wasn't used to so much power.  I had difficulty stretching the milk without it creating a big foam head on it.  But again, a little practice cures any flaws in technique.

Chris' coffee is fantastic.  Helpful over the phone, and over email.

I continue to be so impressed with this unit.  Make a couple of cups a day.  Looking back on it, it really did take me a month or two to fully understand the unit, and to not only pull great shots, but to steam quality milk.  Using a flush-n-go technique down to about 202 degrees ends up making a great shot, and steaming non-fat milk (scooping off a dolop of loose foam before the pour) ends up making a great latte.  I would purchase this machine again in a heartbeat.  I simply can't believe I used anything less than this, for so many years.

Posted: December 4, 2009, 9:58am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184673786163)