QuickMill Anita - Ron Robles's Review
Posted: July 25, 2006, 5:13pm
QuickMill Anita Espresso Machine

Arrow The QuickMill Anita has 47 Reviews
Arrow The QuickMill Anita has been rated 9.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since August 1, 2005.
Arrow QuickMill Anita reviews have been viewed 263,818 times (updated hourly).

Jeff Cirelli 9.00
Cameron Neilson 9.00
Tim Eggers 8.85
Michael Wolfson 8.35
Jeffrey the Barak 8.33

Manufacturer: QuickMill Quality: 9
Where Bought: Chris Coffee Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Krups Artese, Saeco full auto
Bottom Line: I've no complains about the Anita; still very happy with it; and upgrade hasn't been considered at all.

Durable. Highly consistent/repeatable shots. Boiler and brew pressure gauges. Easy to adjust pressure settings. Easy to clean. Portable. Low water sensor boiler shut-off.

Sharp edges on the insides of the body, cup warmer and tray.Nuts on steam and water valves ought to have been stainless as well.

Through inquiries and with the help of various opinions and reviews from forums like this, I narrowed my choice down to the Quickmill Anita. But since it was so new in the market, I had to have the Andreja Premium as a basis because they were essentially the same with regards to their major components. I figured that I could live with the no-burn steam wand (and I still do despite having been burned a couple of times). The valves, well so long as they function as they were suppose to and not leak. The non-“plumbable” water supply is of no big deal for me as I intended and have brought it to nearly a dozen family gatherings. And for all of these, I saved at least $350.00. Anyway, the major consideration that I had to satisfy myself with is that it had to be A ONE TIME INVESTMENT. I didn’t want to get into some form of buyer’s remorse and find an excuse to go into the “upgrade fever” within a short period of time. Therefore, I expected certain things from Anita like---

DURABILITY. I wanted a good performing machine with a long service life prior to concerning myself with whatever repairs it may eventually need. I live in the Philippines and such a service must be scarce here so a semi-commercial machine like Anita would certainly do better than one designed simply for the home. I have pulled no less than 600 double shots with the Anita since I got it on October 5, 2005 and I have yet to have any problem with it. There were 3 occasions that the reservoir ran out of water and I got so worried that I might have burned the boiler. But Chris’ well thought of water sensor shut off the heater/boiler hence its still doing ok.

-REPEATABILITY. We are in the metal manufacturing business and, through experience, consistency is a key to good quality products because it consequently tones down, if not totally eliminates, the variables. The bottom line is, once I had set the brew and boiler pressures to my liking (and it was easy especially considering that I am no tinkerer), in accordance to the golden book of espresso making, if I keep the grinder, coffee, and machine constant, I only have myself, the variable, to keep a tab on to produce good quality shots.

-GOOD LOOKING. Hey, since it’s gonna be a permanent fixture on my kitchen counter, it might as well get the attention of anybody passing by. The bright/mirror finish really earns a second look just about every time someone sees it. And that’s when the machine is off. When the appreciation goes further after they smell the aroma and taste of the Anita’s produce, I feel even more satisfied.

9 months thereafter, I have still been very satisfied with the Anita and I have no upgrade fever at all.

I had my brother in Vancouver buy this for me and he said the people at Chris Coffee were ok. I've corresponded with Chris a few times. He gave short and direct to the point answers (lacked details though). No problem.

Posted: July 25, 2006, 5:13pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19843006134)