QM67 Dual Boiler - Akos Szilvasi's Review
QM67 Dual Boiler
Arrow CupAndBrew.com

Arrow The QM67 Dual Boiler has 5 Reviews
Arrow The QM67 Dual Boiler has been rated 9.24 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 14, 2014.
Arrow QM67 Dual Boiler reviews have been viewed 5,980 times (updated hourly).

Dennis Allen 7.00
Akos Szilvasi 7.00
Tommy Di 7.00
Zahir Herz 7.00
Laurence Gibson 5.00

Manufacturer: Quick Mill Quality: 8
Where Bought: Chris' Coffee Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: none
Bottom Line: The best value double boiler quality espresso maker I could find. No regrets. Superb service from Chris' Coffee

Produces what they promise: espresso, cappuccino, latte...etc. After a year no major problems. easy on the eye, shiny conversation item in the kitchen.

Heavy and expensive to ship (if service needed). No direct plumbing. Long warm-up time (normal for these espresso makers, I guess).

I bought the Quick Mill QM67 from Chris' Coffee Service (Albany, NY, chriscoffee.com). I chose Chris' for their excellent support, service, the best price I could find and free shipping. I received superb advice from their staff after the sale.

The QM67 is a double boiler espresso maker with an E61 brew head. So far it served me well on every aspects. It makes creamy espresso and orgasmic cappuccino.  I do the maintenance Chris' people recommended (backflushing, regular cleaning of the tank and occasional detergent rinses). That's all.

I set up the QM67 with a WeMo (Belkin) remote power control.  The Wemo has a timer and turns on the power before I wake up. I also can remotely turn it on and off from my iPhone. I give it ~ 30 minutes to warm up before using it. A technician at Chris Coffee suggested to leave it on when I am home and will use later. Maintaining the temperature requires much less power than turning it on and off. If you use the QM67 in a GFCI outlet and the outlet is is old the QM67 may trip it. It happened to me but after testing and inspecting it (again, following Chris' team's advice) it seems to be all right.

The QM67 can not get direct plumbing. No big deal. I like to wash the tank periodically, anyway. Easy to fill the tank. Use filtered water to minimize mineral buildup. The espresso maker is large. Impressive kitchen equipment but make sure you have space for it. It is not practical under a cabinet for the need to take the tank out for filling. Do not pour water it. A spill may get to the electronic parts. So far I really have no major issues and problems with this shiny and good espresso maker.

I bough it from Chris' Coffee Service (chriscoffee.com). My next espresso maker will come from: Chris Coffee Service. Outstanding support, best prices, free shipping.

Posted: January 16, 2014, 10:14am
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186522960663)