Philips Senseo - Dustin Moskowitz's Review
Posted: December 31, 2004, 12:06pm
Philips Senseo Single Cup

Arrow The Philips Senseo has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Philips Senseo has been rated 6.91 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 24, 2004.
Arrow Philips Senseo reviews have been viewed 99,880 times (updated hourly).

Stephanie Dillard 9.50

Previous Review
Manufacturer: Philips Quality: 7
Where Bought: Sam's Club Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Convenience over quality.

Quick cups of coffee.

Coffee ain't that great.

This was my first purchase of a coffee maker besides your basic run-of-the mill brewer. I liked the idea of pods, and friends in Europe said these were all over the place. I'm not a big coffee drinker, so I figured the one- or two-cup ability suited me perfectly. The machine is incredibly easy to use, but the coffee is not very strong, and it has too much of a cocoa-ey taste to me. The crema is a nice touch, but it's like fresh paint on my old 1986 Honda. You have to run a cup or two of plain water first to get your cup of coffee hot enough - otherwise, you have to pop it in the microwave. The pods are easy enough to come by, but there are only 4 types: mild, medium, dark, and decaf. As I said, even the dark roast isn't very strong. There have been sites I've seen where people - mostly in Europe - have figured out how to 'hack' the machine so that it uses less water for a stronger cup, but I haven't investigated it for my machine. Since I purchased it, a lot of these pod machines have come out, but this one purchase is enough for me. Unless someone wants to donate me some Jura!

It was Sam's - you come, you buy, you wait in line, and you get a pretty good deal.

Previous Review
Posted: December 31, 2004, 12:06pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.178149938583)