Philips Senseo - Elizabeth Mays's Review
Posted: December 1, 2006, 5:14pm
Philips Senseo Single Cup

Arrow The Philips Senseo has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Philips Senseo has been rated 6.91 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 24, 2004.
Arrow Philips Senseo reviews have been viewed 100,143 times (updated hourly).

Stephanie Dillard 9.50

Manufacturer: Philips Quality: 8
Where Bought: EBay Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: n/a
Bottom Line: A bargain for the casual coffee drinker but it's an expensive option for multiple cup-a-day drinkers.

Modern, pleasing design. Quick and simple to operate. Convenient pod system is mess-free. Easy to clean.

Serving size is very small. Coffee flavor could be better. Pods are fairly costly.

The design is what caught my eye initially -very sleek and modern looking. My coffeemaker is black but I've seen white and stainless colors too.  It's quick and easy to operate, super simple in fact. It brews in about a minute's time. The cups are a little small but I can live with that.  It's really easy to clean. However, the pods are way too expensive and a bit difficult to find in stores. I've had to order them on the internet. I don't drink a ton of coffee so I don't mind paying a bit more for the pods but if I drank several cups a day, there's no way I could justify the additional expense.

For the casual coffee drinker, this is a good bargain but for someone who drinks a lot of coffee, the expense of buying pods is a good enough reason to look at a different machine.

Posted: December 1, 2006, 5:14pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191256999969)