Philips Senseo - Todd Hattabaugh's Review
Posted: January 3, 2006, 9:49am
Philips Senseo Single Cup

Arrow The Philips Senseo has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Philips Senseo has been rated 6.91 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 24, 2004.
Arrow Philips Senseo reviews have been viewed 100,121 times (updated hourly).

Stephanie Dillard 9.50
Ami Ortom 8.66
Kim Morgan 8.50
Donald Letizia 8.00
Watts Martin 8.00

Manufacturer: Philips Quality: 7
Where Bought: Wal-Mart Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: My motto has always been "when the horseshoe floats, it's done" - but the coffee that comes with this machine would dissolve my  horseshoe!

The machine is simple to use and easy to operate.  It does produce a quick cup of joe.

The noise factor takes some getting use to .  It sounds like someone left a vibrator running on the kitchen counter.....not good.

I read and read and read many reviews about this machine and it seemed like people either loved it or hated it.  And like most of the reviews I've read, it boils down to the coffee being the weak link in the chain. The coffee that comes with this machine is down right weird.....I'm not sure it's even coffee.  It has a twang that I cannot describe.  The "medium" blend that comes with it is just that - medium.  But it's a bitter medium.  Trying to get 8 oz. from one pod will force to you pour it down the sink.  It's either 1 pod for 4 oz.  or 2 pods for 8 oz.  I have not tried a different coffee brand yet, but I will.  If trying a couple more brands doesn't change my mind about this coffee maker, it goes back to Wal-Mart.

Not the greatest experience here....I'm hoping it's just really bad coffee that is giving me a bad first impression.  And that's too bad because it causes folks like me to write a substandard review about a product that's neat and efficient.   I vote that Philips change the brand of coffee they supply with the machine!

Posted: January 3, 2006, 9:49am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186656951904)